Automatic insurance cover for your items
At USPS Express we provide our customers with superior parcel delivery services globally. Every year, we are responsible for the delivery of hundreds of thousands of items, and it’s a responsibility we take very seriously.
While we always make every effort to ensure your item arrives on time and in good condition, occasionally things can go wrong.
That’s why we are now offering customers automatic insurance cover on all items, providing you with even more peace of mind. Things rarely go wrong but, if they do, this cover will ensure we can set them right for you.Please note that this applies only to all coupons purchased after 6th September 2010. Make sure you’re covered
USPS Express has automatically arranged insurance cover for your goods. We recommend that you ensure that this level of cover is adequate to protect your items from accidental damage or loss in transit cover and if not, we can arrange additional cover.
This additional insurance cover is the easiest way for you to protect your items. There are no extra forms to fill in or arrangements to be made. You simply arrange delivery as normal and we add a small premium to your invoice.
How much will it cost?
- Insurance cover of up to $1000 per consignment is free
- Insurance cover of up to $2000 costs $120.00 per consignment
- Insurance cover of up to $3000 costs $200 per consignment
How will I be billed?
- There is no charge for the complimentary insurance.
- The additional insurance premium charge per consignment note or coupon will be billed as a separate line on your invoice.
What does it cover?
- The cost of repairing or replacing lost or damaged goods up to the policy limits (less GST) per coupon or consignment; or
- The actual value of the lost or damaged goods at the time of loss (i.e. unless the goods are new an amount for depreciation will be deducted from the claim) up to the policy limits (less GST) per coupon or consignment.
Is there an excess?
Yes – you are responsible for the first $100 of every claim on the automatic insurance.Different excesses apply to the additional insurance – see the terms and conditions on the reverse of your tax invoice.
Are any goods excluded from cover?
The following goods are not covered:
- Deeds, securities, treasury notes and the like;
- Designs and patterns, plans, manuscripts and all other documents;
- Livestock, animals and/or foodstuffs of any kind.
- Money (including bank notes and coins), stamps, duty stamps, tickets and the like;
- Household goods and personal effects.
- Fine art, jewellery, gold and silver articles, precious stones;
- Arms and ammunition,